20 April 2008

Anyone else ever get a song irreparably planted in your head for a day or more, without any clear indication of how it got there?

Such has been my fate today, and I've gone out repeatedly to Youtube to find the song, and have had no choice but to sit down with the guitar and learn it.

George Harrison - Give Me Love (Give Me Peace on Earth)

Still this is better than when I had the Bee Gees "I Started a Joke" on the brain for several days running.

I remember when George Harrison passed; I'm not one to feel much emotion at the passing of celebrities, in the same way other people can mourn people they have not met, but I remember feeling a bit blue at the time.

Another rather sad thing I realized. Remember McCartney's "When I'm 64"? I always thought it was rather sad that Linda McCartney wasn't around for that, but then I just realized, the last time I thought about that, Macca wasn't yet three score and four. He turned 64 in, if I did the math right, June of 2006. Only a month later, he filed for divorce from Heather Mills, his second wife. Rather a rummy order of events, that!

Here are the lyrics. Quite a nice song.

Give me love
Give me love
Give me peace on earth
Give me light
Give me life
Keep me free from birth
Give me hope
Help me cope
With this heavy load
Trying to touch and reach you
With heart and soul
Oh, my Lord.

Please take hold of my hand
That I might understand you

Won't you please,
Oh, won't you, give me love
Give me love
Give me peace on earth
Give me light
Give me life
Keep me free from birth
Give me hope
Help me cope
With this heavy load
Trying to touch and reach you
With heart and soul
Oh, my Lord.

No comments: