27 February 2004

Racism anyone?

This is about as vile as it gets. Rep. Corrine Brown of Florida has shown her true colours. A word of advice...always reserve a bit of caution for people who are quick to dispense the race card. Often that stems from bitterly racist sentiments of their own. Imagine if Bush had said of any two ethnic groups, "they all look the same to me". Or any prominent Republican for that matter. He would be flayed alive by minority organizations. My question is, where are the Latino groups shouting outrage at this? And where are the caucasian groups? Oh...that's right...there aren't any. Perhaps I should start a group for we Dutch Americans. Keep the culture alive! Fight REPRESSION! BRING ON THE WOODEN SHOES, SMOKED GOUDA, FAMOUS PAINTERS, TULIP FIELDS, AND WINDMILLS!!!

It is Friday...do I even need to mention Krauthammer? It should be assumed that you have already visited and read his regularly brilliant column. If not, stop reading this prosaic vomit and go read it.

The Missouri Supreme Court has upheld the Legislature's Right-to-Carry law. Good news...and me with less than 6 months until my twenty-third birthday. Right now my only handgun is a Ruger .22 auto...a fine piece but not a self-defence weapon by any stretch. My wife has a lovely old S&W 38 Special snubnose...I have yet to fire it, but that remains the "bedroom gun" (Note to all you would-be intruders: I also have a loaded 1918 Lee-Enfield rifle in my bedroom complete with bayonet...trespassers in the house will be perforated with .303" holes). Actually I could wax on about the elegance, power, and beauty of that fine 86-year-old British rifle, but I should spare you all my gun-talk. What surprises me is that I haven't yet even chattered about guitars on here! But should Jackson County get in-line with the Right-To-Carry law (currently postponed because of funding issues), I might be in the market for a powerful personal handgun. I probably should stay away from the less-than-subtle Desert Eagle, though having a 50 cal handgun has got to be a little fun. More than likely, something in 44 Mag or 45 Long Colt is in my future. Revolvers are simpler and more trustworthy, anyway. I'd go for a 1911, but I've heard they are somewhat dangerous and unreliable...it has a reputation for going off prematurely if dropped or struck. But it does have stopping power!

Anyone who wants to have a custom guitar or bass built for them, let me know. Actually visit the following site:

NeufTone Custom Guitars

No comments: