02 September 2008

I give you...


M A S H F E I N E
Licht von der Welt

This first photo is a study in the tragic unpredictability of modern thought; sheer volatility expressed in a hot beverage and root vegetable medium. The coffee, representing (among at least a dozen other things) the universal theme of flawed nature entering into a higher state, burst forth from the encompassing bounds of potato in a vivid expression of new thought that I leave only for your own private interpretation.



But we are not done; art is never destroyed, it is merely reborn. Behold MASHFEINE:

Viewing from another angle highlights our need as a society to approach multi-faceted social problems from multiple angles. Words fail me! Such things should not be narrated, excuse me, simply look on and wonder...perhaps dream, as I have?

Lastly, the inevitable decay. Ashes to ashes, sculpture to mush on a plate.

Meanwhile, outside the rain was pounding down, with the sun shining through our tree's foliage. Watching the September rain beat down on the street illuminated by sunlight was rather interesting.



2 comments:

Percussivity said...

Pure Genius! This piece speaks to me deep within my bowels. I am seeing a complimentary piece called "fried perfectly normal beast fillet".

derek said...

I was thinking about collecting all the widgets from our cans and melting/welding (welting?) it into one giant piece of plastic/rubber- and floating down the Mizzouri river! or perhaps making a giant widget for a giant keg for wedding parties... think about it.. open that sucker and oooof. who needs a dance floor when foam is covering everyone?